Do you offer credit facilities?
Not at present, all goods are to be paid for in full at time of purchase.
Do you accept debit/credit cards?
Yes they are accepted for face to face transactions. Online they are accepted via PayPal.
Do you ship internationally?
Yes we do, but we will have to agree upon a shipping charge prior dispatch.
Do you give insurance valuations?
No, we do not give insurance valuations.
Do you purchase items in your shop?
Yes we will consider most items except jewelery, silver & gold items and paintings. Items must be in perfect condition
What makes an item vintage?
Vintage has several different accepted meanings, and that can cause confusion. The loosest meaning implies that the item is of a fashion that was popular in a different era. Used in this sense, “vintage” may not even mean that it was produced in that era, but simply that it mimics the fashions of that era. This can cause trouble, because most people expect the term to mean something more when applied to something that is being bought or sold.
Many people expect it to have some standard of date applied to it. Accordingly, most experts in the trade have decided that the term “vintage,” when used in a way similar to the term “antique,” refers to items that are over 50 years old, but less than 100.
What makes an item antique?
When buying or selling an item labeled “antique,” trade standards suggest that the term should be reserved only for items greater than 100 years old. Outside of the practice of buying and selling items, however, use of the word “antique” can be understood to attach no specific age to an item.
What is your delivery policy?
1. Items of Furniture will be delivered on a day/date agreed between The Magpies Nest and Customer. Delivery will normally take place between the hours of 08:00 – 18:00 Monday to Saturday. An estimated time of delivery may be possible as delivery day approaches.
2. The customer must be present upon delivery to accept and check items of furniture as returns/refunds will not be accepted/given later.
3. The customer is responsible for obtaining all measurements etc. for items of furniture to be successfully placed in situ. Refunds/Returns are not permitted for miscalculations.
4. Items other than furniture will be dispatched a.s.a.p. by The Magpies Nest to the customer’s specified address and a signature will be required upon delivery.
5. Although delivery charges are stated on the website The Magpies Nest reserve the right to adjust but any adjustment will always be advised/agreed prior dispatch.
6. Should a redelivery occur due to the customer not being present to sign/accept The Magpies Nest reserve the right to charge an additional delivery fee that will be equal to/or less than the original charge made.
Are there any return exceptions?
Items of furniture will not be accepted for return/refund AFTER a delivery has taken place. In this case the onus is on the customer to check the item of furniture upon delivery.
Also items of furniture will not be accepted for return/refund if items cannot be placed in situ due to incorrect measurements taken by the customer.
How do I return an item?
Your item must be in its original condition, unless it has been damaged in transit, then it must be returned in condition received. You must return the item within 14 days of your purchase via an online trackable service.
1. Please email email@example.com to request a refund and we will advise accordingly.
2. Mail your returned item to:
The Magpies Nest
Antiques & Collectables
23 Church Street
3. Include in your package a signed letter stating the reason for your return and the original receipt.
4. Return transit costs will only be refunded by The Magpies Nest is this has been agreed PRIOR the return item being dispatched.
NOT FOUND THE ANSWER?
OUR CONTACT INFO
Location:23 Church Street, Boston, Lincolnshire PE21-6NW
Phone:+44 (0)1205 839038